Sunday 8 June 2014

We'll Call That Tapering

One turbo session during the week, then plans for the weekend. Saturday was another turbo session, but at high tempo and pretty much time trial pace for an hour.

Today I had planned to do 150-160km through Surrey and try to blast a few climbs to see where my legs were post-Provence.

Unfortunately I only got about 5 yards down the road before a knocking noise stopped me in my tracks for a worried inspection at the roadside. The cause turned out to be a broken nipple (stop sniggering at the back) which had caused a spoke to come adrift. Very annoying, but better it happened there than in deepest, darkest Surrey. Or worse - on the Marmotte itself.

Was desperate to do some work, so I put the turbo wheel back on the Scott and headed for Richmond Park. I was hoping to get one or two laps in before it got too busy, but it seems that 8:30am is too late when the sun is shining.

The traffic tempered the speed, but I managed a decent pace for 4 laps before returning home.

The nice people at Sigma Sport in Kingston fixed my wheel, so I'm all set for my final long ride next weekend.

Not long now.

No comments:

Post a Comment