Monday 23 June 2014

Fit For Purpose

I finally got round to having a bike fit yesterday - one of my key points during training.

There were no great changes to make, although it turns out I have long toes, which pushes the balls of my feet backwards. As a result my cleats were too far forward, meaning that I was on my toes too much when pedalling, fatiguing my calves and hamstrings.

Also, it was discovered that I have collapsed arches, so with the help of some heat-molded insoles, my shoes are much more comfortable and provide a better power transfer through the pedals.

Other than that, my saddle went backwards a bit and was raised by 10mm (thus allowing my ankles to work properly through the pedal stroke), and the bars were dipped forward slightly to give me a more comfortable position on both the hoods and the drops.

Will be having a shortish ride with a crack at my PB for Llangynidr mountain when I'm back in Wales this weekend, but other than that it's a couple of turbo sessions and a quick leg spin at the top of Alpe d'Huez before rolling across the Marmotte startline.

No comments:

Post a Comment