Sunday 15 June 2014

The End Is Nigh

The time to start scaling back my training is fast approaching, as I need to have fresh legs for the Marmotte, and there'll be very little further gain from putting maximum efforts in.

So on Saturday I rode my last 100-miler, with 2,200m of climbing. Had an excellent ride with a sub-7min ascent of Box Hill, and completed the ride with an average speed of 26.4km/h (2km/h quicker than when I last did this ride). Did get a pinch-flat after hitting a pot hole descending Leith Hill, but fortunately I managed to keep the bike upright, and the wheel wasn't damaged.

Definitely feel a lot fitter than when I attempted the Etape du Tour, and got home tired but not broken.

Rode a further 115km today with Emily - a nice recovery ride for me, and the beginning of her preparation for the Ride100 in August. A cake stop at our favourite Surrey Downs cafe certainly helped, although a massive disappointment to find they'd sold out of coffee & walnut cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment