Sunday 9 June 2013

The Surrey Scalextric Track

After two consecutive weekends out of my comfort zone on the bike, a Sunday at home meant a more familiar route down to Surrey.

I ploughed the well-worn furrow over Epsom and past Box Hill to Ranmore. After a pacy climb with plenty of out-of-the-saddle work, I descended Critten Lane then went back up to the common via the steep Crocknorth Rd. Was again pleased with my speed up the ascent, then hammered along the common back to Box Hill.

Set a good time of 7:55 up Box, then continued on the loop road back to the bottom and did it again.

After that I tried to maintain a good speed on the way home, including a mini-TT along the newly-relaid dual carriageway between Sutton and Morden.

The stats for the ride showed 1,550m climbing, and most pleasing, an average speed of 28km/h. Obviously the last two weekend's riding have had the desired effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment