Thursday 13 June 2013

The Last Temptation of an Etapper

If the Tour of Wessex and my trip to Provence has taught me anything, it's that there are much lighter and comfier bikes than mine, and you really notice the difference over long rides with lots of climbing (ie. the Etape)

Therefore I took the plunge yesterday, and ordered a Scott CR1 Pro frame and also a Dura Ace groupset and various carbon bits. As I've ordered all the parts seperately I'm going to have to build the bike myself, and this, coupled with the wait for parts to arrive, means the bike may not be ready in time for the Etape.



This doesn't bother me too much, as I wouldn't mind completing this challenge on the bike I started out with, and also that I'm already beginning to look beyond the etape, and the Marmotte (imagine an uber-etape) and the Club des Cingles (3 ascents of Mt Ventoux in a single day) are looming on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment