Sunday 16 June 2013

It Never Gets Easier, You Just Go Faster*

My training appears to be peaking as I managed to get a couple of rides in this weekend, and set 2 good (but mildly frustrating) PB's.

First I went down to Surrey with Emily and did the familiar route of Ranmore-Crocknorth-Box. Pushed the pace on Ranmore, managed to stay out of the saddle all the way up Crocknorth, and set a new PB up Box of 7mins 1sec, knocking 30secs off my previous record.. Really happy with that performance, and even a monsoon shower on the way home couldn't dampen my spirits.

Zipped down to Richmond Park this morning for a 3-lap TT, as this is probably the best indicator of my progress. Managed to cut nearly 4 mins off my PB as I recorded a time of 60mins 15secs. Felt I could've gone under the magic hour mark, but I was hampered by a bad stitch on the 3rd lap, which was probably the result of the rich food, cocktails and wine that I'd consumed the night before. Oops.

Still, a great performance, and something to aim for post-etape.

3 weeks to go...

* a quote courtesy of Greg LeMond

No comments:

Post a Comment