Sunday 30 June 2013

It Is All About The Bike

All the parts arrived for my new bike, so I took them to the local bike shop (Subliminal in Balham) on Friday to get them put together. Received a call from them Friday afternoon to tell me the bike was ready, which started with the phrase, "It's so pretty"

And they were right:


  
 

 
A quick check on the scales showed that the new bike is 7.3kg with pedals, a massive 2.5kg lighter than the Cube.
 
A quick run around Richmond Park this morning just to continue the tapering and ensure all was well with the new ride showed that the new bike accelerates much quicker than the old bike, and climbing seemed much easier. Maybe it's just that I'm fitter...
 
May well be my last ride on the road before Annecy. One week to go. Eeeeeek.

No comments:

Post a Comment