Sunday 23 March 2014

Marginal Gains

Another 100-miler on Saturday. Despite a horrendous headwind for the first half of the ride, and having to wait at a level crossing for a passing train, I was just over 10 minutes quicker than the last time I rode this route. 

The total climbing (2,200m) did begin to take its toll, so I was grateful to pick up a climbing partner for Staples Lane and Crocknorth.

Today was a 95km ride with Emily back down to Surrey. After yesterday's efforts I could only spin up Ranmore at a sedate pace. Gave Crocknorth a good go, and left very little in the tank on Box Hill for a decent time.

It wouldn't be the classics season without some adverse weather conditions however, so I was only mildly surprised to find hailstones bouncing off my helmet on the ride home.

In all, I managed 255km over the 2 rides, and 3,500m climbed.

Shattered now!

No comments:

Post a Comment