Sunday 17 February 2013

Tour de Surrey

2 consecutive days on the bike and 160km ridden.

Went down to Surrey with Jon on Saturday. Was really good to do this ride with company for a change, although I found out what it feels like to be dropped on a climb. He's got a lot of power when the road starts to ramp up, but at least watching him disappear into the distance did force me to spend longer out of the saddle than usual, so I'm sure I'll benefit from that. Eventually. Technique in that department has definitely improved.

Felt good on Ranmore and Box, but Crocknorth seemed a few degrees steeper than usual.

90kms / 1,238m climbed / 3 hrs 30 mins / 25.3km/h avg. speed

Got back on the bike this morning with the intention of doing a similar ride, albeit sans Jon. However thick fog once I got outside the M25 curtailed any forays deep into the Surrey downs, so I had to be content with 2 ascents of Box Hill. Times and effort were pretty undramatic, but it felt good to push myself on after the ride yesterday.



70kms / 910m climbed / 2 hrs 57 mins / 23.6km/h avg. speed

No comments:

Post a Comment