Friday 18 January 2013

Winter training is so dull...

The ice and snow has arrived, so it's been indoor training this week (and probably this weekend) apart from a 7.5mile run home (an expected slow time). I followed a good interval training session on Wednesday (5 max heartrate sprints) with a spin session using a Sufferfest video. This tries to replicate attacking climbing on the turbo trainer and beats just spinning by quite a margin.

As the graph below shows, I managed to get the heartrate up (103% of max at one point) and sustain it for increasing bursts. I sweated a lot (uurrrggghhhh.... need to buy a fan - but who sells them in the winter?!?!?)


Hopefully my cycling fitness has benefitted from these sessions, but the only method I have for testing my output is to complete a 3-lap TT around Richmond Park, which could be more than a week away. Desperate to do a longer ride down to Surrey too.

Hey ho

No comments:

Post a Comment