Monday 7 January 2013

2013 - Time to get serious...

Well, 2013 is here, so now the hard work begins. Had 3 weeks off the bike while holidaying in Burma. This could turn out to be a double-edged sword however, as though I have undoubtedly lost some of my pre-Christmas fitness, the break was very welcome and will hopefully allow me to refocus my training, especially with my first sportive in 2 months time.

I say I had 3 weeks off the bike, but that's not strictly true:



Beats most warm-weather training camps. Although the terrain was uber-flat, pedalling through sand does do a little for the climbing muscles.

Also, getting heatstroke and it's resultant symptoms did has allowed me to get my weight down to 76.1kg. Given that this is massively unsustainable and more unhealthy than bulemia, I'd expect to get back some of the losses over the coming month!

No comments:

Post a Comment