Monday 14 October 2013

Saddle Sore

The dreary autumnal weather has finally arrived, so with the rain pelting the windows, I attached the bike to the turbo trainer to have a go at Sufferfest's new video - the aptly-named 'It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time'

The story to this training video is that you are attempting to win the most aggressive rider award at the Giro d'Italia on a stage containing 4 mountains and lasts 2 hours.

The riding is mostly tempo climbing and time-trialling, and whilst I prefer interval training on the turbo, this was quite welcome as I don't think I could manage 2 hours of attacks and accelerations. There was still plenty of changes of pace to keep me interested though.



At the end I was suitably drenched in sweat, and my sit-bones were completely numb. Two hours on the bike without being able to stand or really change my position was probably the hardest part of the programme.

It looks like the bad weather is here to stay, so I may have to pack away the Scott and rebuild the Cube as a winter bike (to mudguard or not?)

No comments:

Post a Comment