Tuesday 17 September 2013

Put Me Back On My Bike

After 2 weeks in Africa (there are some great cycling roads in Uganda and Rwanda - must take the bike next time!), my attention has turned to starting to get myself back into shape.

I've put on 1.5kg since the Etape, and I also have the Great South Run to train for in October.

I've already entered a couple of sportives for either side of Christmas, and have registered my interest for the Etape Caledonia in May. The centrepiece of my training, however, will be an attempt to join the Club des Cingles in May.

Membership of the club is fairly straightforward. All you have to do is cycle up all three ascents of Mont Ventoux. In one day. There's a reason why cingles translates as 'screwballs'



The 5,000m of climbing mirrors the Marmotte very well, albeit over a shorter distance and a much more relaxed time schedule - lunch at Chalet Reynard anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment