Monday 12 August 2013

The Hour

Preparation wasn't ideal (dehydration from a weekend's camping and drinking) and the conditions weren't perfect with a headwind all the way up to Richmond Gate, but I whizzed off to Richmond Park yesterday evening to try and beat the 60 minute mark for the 3 lap time trial.

The first lap went well with a 19:41, but I encountered a fair bit of traffic on the second lap and recorded a 20:15, leaving me needing a sub-20:04 to beat the magic mark.

Felt dizzy going up the final climb at Kingston Gate, and gunned it as best I could to the finish but the best I could do was a 20:09 for a total time of 1 hr 5 secs.

Real feeling that I was losing time on the short, punchy climbs as riders that I had cruised by on the 'flat' would in turn effortlessly pass me again as soon as the road ramped up. Need to look at increasing my power for attacking climbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment